Welcome to a brand new experimental column right here on What’s on Netflix the place we hope to provide you an entire digest of the week’s high Netflix information convey you tales we could have missed all through the week in an easy-to-read format that brings you in control.
This put up is experimental so tell us within the feedback, on Twitter or by way of electronic mail in the event you just like the format.
Monday, March 1st
- A Twitter storm kicked off the week which started over the weekend from raging Taylor Swift followers not glad at Netflix’s newest comedy sequence Ginny & Georgia taking a pop on the pop star’s former love life. This was then swiftly adopted up by a Tweet from Taylor herself and subsequently led to Ginny & Georgia completely dominating the Netflix top 10s all week.
Hey Ginny & Georgia, 2010 referred to as and it needs its lazy, deeply sexist joke again. How about we cease degrading onerous working girls by defining this horse shit as FuNnY. Additionally, @netflix after Miss Americana this outfit doesn’t look cute on you 💔 Comfortable Ladies’s Historical past Month I suppose pic.twitter.com/2X0jEOXIWp
— Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13) March 1, 2021
- Netflix walked into the week with their first main award wins of 2021 scooping 10 Golden Globes with The Crown and The Queen’s Gambit dominating the night. The following three studios mixed equals Netflix’s whole scoop for the night beating out WarnerMedia, Disney, and Amazon.
- The lid was formally lifted on Jupiter’s Legacy which noticed its first teaser trailer launched revealing a handful of superheroes of their costumes. You’ll find an up-to-date information of everything we know about Jupiter’s Legacy here.
- Anime sequence The Means of the Househusband was introduced for April eighth on Netflix worldwide.
- Deadline reported that Netflix (however solely in the USA) had acquired the rights to The Ice Street starring Liam Neeson for the tune of $18 million.
- Rebelde, a Mexican sequence about teenagers battling it out within the musical area is coming again for a reboot on Netflix.
Rebelde is coming again!
In 2022, head again to Elite Means Faculty as a brand new technology of scholars hope to win the Battle of the Bands. pic.twitter.com/UlBuKw1fyP
— Netflix (@netflix) March 1, 2021
Tuesday, March 2nd
- We reported (as soon as once more) on numerous BBC titles set to leave Netflix in the UK together with favorites The Workplace, Extras (additionally set to leave Netflix US) and Fawlty Towers.
- Netflix lost out to Starz to achieve the primary window rights for Lionsgate motion pictures from 2022 onwards.
- Collider reported that Gore Verbinski can be directing the George R.R. Martin Sandkings film.
- The brand new Colin Firth World Conflict 2 film Operation Mincemeat shall be coming to Netflix in the USA and Latin America on Netflix solely in response to a report from Deadline. The film sees Firth reteaming with See-Noticed who each labored collectively on The King’s Speech.
Wednesday, March third
- The Annie Award Nominations have been introduced with Netflix beating out Disney with double the variety of award nominations with 40 in whole. Over the Moon and The Willoughbys, each scored 6 nominations every.
- Netflix greenlit a brand new 3D animated sequence based mostly on the extremely widespread French cartoon strip Asterix.
Thursday, March 4th
- Stephen Fry could have inadvertently given away on Channel 4’s Cricket protection that he’ll be enjoying a key function in The Sandman season one which is at the moment filming within the UK.
— What’s on Netflix (@whatonnetflix) March 4, 2021
- Sony Footage Fatherhood from Kevin Hart is shifting to Netflix for launch in June 2020 and shall be launched beneath the brand new Obama manufacturing firm banner.
- The Jenji Kohan output deal isn’t useless as we first anticipated with a brand new present referred to as Worn Tales set to launch on Netflix globally on April 1st.
- A second season of the controversial Prank Encounters with Stranger Issues’ Gaten Matarazzo was additionally introduced for April 1st.
- A couple of new forged members have been added to Netflix’s The Grey Man (together with two we reported back in January) with Billy Bob Thornton, Alfre Woodard, and Regé-Jean Web page becoming a member of the elite forged assembled.
*Takes a deep breath*
JUST REMEMBERED THAT THIS IS THE CAST OF THE GRAY MAN AND NOW WE CAN’T KEEP CALM! pic.twitter.com/ulWSClPVpv
— Netflix India (@NetflixIndia) March 5, 2021
Friday, March fifth
Odds & Sods
- Should Watch: Netflix Version is a podcast that critiques new Netflix titles however final week had some fascinating insights from The Verge’s Julia Alexander on the past, present, and future of the Netflix Original movie lineup and the way it stacks in opposition to opponents.
- Good friend and writer of What’s on Netflix “The Leisure Technique Man” recapped last week’s Nielsen figures with some attention-grabbing tidbits given he refers to it as a “down week”.
- We haven’t talked about elsewhere however there are a number of trademark registrations that Netflix has utilized for which have but to be introduced. The Darkish Forest (which we imagine is a side-project to The Three-Physique Drawback that’s been greenlit – extra on this in one other put up) and The Evening Shift have been each registered final month.
- Excellent piece by Slashfilm’s Chris Evangelista concerning the risks of weekly releases within the context of the ridiculous fan-theorizing that led to some disappointments with the finale of WandaVision.
Have we missed any of the massive tales for Netflix this week? Tell us within the feedback down beneath.