Good morning, Oak Park and River Forest! I hope you had a restful weekend.
In at the moment’s each day, an HBO collection investigates an Oak Park chilly case, vaccinated Illinoisans are in line for large prizes and academic adjustments within the works for college kids statewide.
First, at the moment’s climate: Principally cloudy all through the day, with a excessive of 72 and low of 53.
Listed here are the highest 5 tales in Oak Park at the moment:
1. A particular episode of “I am going to Be Gone within the Darkish” begins streaming at the moment on HBO Max, specializing in the 1984 killing of 24-year-old Trinity Excessive Faculty graduate Kathy Lombardo in Oak Park. The late creator Michelle McNamara was an adolescent within the space when the unsolved rape and homicide occurred, and the episode chronicles her return to Oak Park in 2013. (Chicago Tribune)
2. A person is going through legal trespass and drug possession fees after what Oak Park Police are calling an “incident” at Firecakes Donuts on Maple Avenue on June 12. Different current reported thefts embrace stolen vehicles, catalytic converters, vehicles and bikes. (Oak Leaves)
3. The Oak Park Beer Store is altering possession after six years in enterprise. Longtime supervisor Jack Dengel will take over from present proprietor Tony Compaglia. Except for a liquor license switch, Dengel says not a lot will change on the enterprise, which sells greater than 250 sorts of beer. (Oak Leaves)
4. Although college is out for the summer time, schooling information abounds. District 97 is asserting staff changes for the upcoming college yr, whereas Oak Park and River Forest Excessive Faculty is making plans for its full-time return to in-person studying this fall. The state of Illinois hopes to revamp state funding at public universities, plus the Chicago School Board debate continues to make headlines. (Chicago Sun-Times)
5. It is the ultimate day to buy tickets for Style the City on June 24. Takeout 25 Oak Park is internet hosting the fundraising occasion to learn the native nonprofit New Mothers. For $85, a household of 4 can take pleasure in a pre-packaged meal with choices from Ben’s Bar Be Cue, Butter and Brown Bistro and three further eating places. (Wednesday Journal)
Because of our sponsors for supporting native journalism! Sponsored occasions at the moment in Oak Park:
Oak Park Patch Pocket book
- Gov. Pritzker introduced the “All In For The Win” vaccine sweepstakes providing as much as $10 million in prizes to vaccinated Illinoisans. (ABC7)
- The governor additionally signed a brand new election package deal Thursday, shifting subsequent yr’s state major from March to June. (Chicago Tribune)
- A Tinley Park driver has been sentenced to 3 years in jail for a 2017 crash that killed two folks in Indiana, together with a 23-year-old Oak Park lady. (NWI Times)
- President Joe Biden attended mass at his hometown church Saturday, regardless of U.S. bishops drafting a press release about probably denying the sacrament of communion to the president due to his stance on abortion rights. (Yahoo News)
That is all for this Monday in Oak Park and River Forest. See you again in your inbox tomorrow!